so here is the scope and story of my issue. I am currently in a hotel that has LAN access in its rooms. I have two computers that I am attempting to connect the their network. Seeing as there is only one port on the wall I have my Five port dumb switch with me. My first computer is having no issues connecting even through the switch "tried all 5 ports" however the second computer is not connecting.
- Ran network scan and found there are many unused available addresses.
- Ran Virtual machine with masked MAC of second computer within the first computer. "No issues"
- Connected second computer first and primary second and issue is caused to opposite computer.
- Ipconfig on Second computer shows APIPA
- Requested front desk restart their router. No luck there
- Ran DoS attack on front desk router to cause restart no change.
If anyone could please shoot me some more Ideas I would appreciate it.