I'm about to upgrade my graphics card from a Radeon HD 3650 to a Radeon HD 6770.
Prior experience of upgrading graphics cards under all other versions of Windows (but not 7) has been the following:
- Back up contents of the hard drive.
- Power off computer, replace graphics card and power on computer.
- Watch as Windows blue screens.
- Reboot computer and boot in safe mode.
- Watch as Windows blue screens again.
- Re-install Windows from scratch.
This seems to be completely at odds to my Google searches which suggest that it's just a case of swapping out the cards and Windows will "magically" sort itself out.
Given that I'd rather that than my previous 7-step disasters - what things can I do to Windows 7 in order to "prepare" for receiving a replacement graphics card before I power it off?