I have a machine with Windows Vista Installed.
It has an Intel X25 SSD as the System Drive
I want to reinstall (I plan to format and overwrite Vista) with XP.
When I boot up using the Dell XP CD it loads the initial drivers then i get a Blue Screen. This is quite concerning. The installed OS works ok, but its giving problems so I want to remove it.
- Should I just format the SSD and try again? Will this make any difference?
- Can I do something to avoid hitting the Blue Screen?
- Its possible I had corrupt sectors on one of the other disks, will a new XP install use the System drive or drive 0?
- Can I force the install to use a specific drive when installing?
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0x0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
I never did find the answer, however
- I removed the SSD and tried to install on other disk - CRASH
- I disconnected the other disk and tried to install with only SSD plugged in - CRASH
I removed 1 block of RAM - CRASH
I used a windows 7 CD - NO CRASH