Several applications cannot run in an Administrator account because they do not have permission to create files in the
- Running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Edition on a family computer.
- We have one normal account,
Family, which has been running as administrator and without a password.
- I suffered a virus infection on the computer and made several changes, including a
system restore, changing the account type of the normal family
account to a standard user and assigning a password. The infection is
solved, but I have been left in a state where several applications
cannot run in the Family account because they do not have permission
to create files in the
- Some applications (Chrome, Office) work properly with no problems.
- Some applications (eg Civilization III) give an
Access is Deniederror trying to create a file in
c:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\Temp. the same applies even when I choose to
Run as Administrator
- Firefox gives a
Firefox is already runningerror, which investigation suggests is really a permissions problem (Task Manager assures me it's definitely not already running).
Attempts to solve the problem:
- Changed the Family privileges back to administrator and removed the password. No luck.
- Ensured that the Family user has full control over the %APPDATA% folder.
- Stuck. Frustrated.