I have read articles here and elsewhere looking for the root cause of this problem. The system is a Win7/32 desktop used as a media center. The application is SageTV. The system has been running and operating fine for several years, and has always automatically gone to sleep. It is configured to enter sleep mode after 40 minutes of inactivity. About a month ago, it stopped going to sleep except by manual initiation. When it is awake, it remains awake.
The system will always enter sleep normally when manually initiated from the start menu. It always wakes normally at the time set by SageTV in the timers.
The SageTV program has not been updated for about a year. Nothing about it has changed since this problem started.
I am familiar with the POWERCFG utility. "POWERCFG -requests" returns:
DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None.
Things I have tried that have not fixed the problem:
- Reboot computer
- Verify no files on remote computers are open, and no remote computer has files open here.
- Removed every non-essential startup program (even though it used to sleep with them running)
- Re-set parameters of power plan.
- Create new power plan.
- Stop/start print spooler.
- Verify desktop theme is saved.
- Turn off media sharing and disable media sharing service.
Is there any setting or fix that I have missed?
Is there any "deeper" technique for understanding why the system is not sleeping? I'm able to write a utility to access the Windows API, but I'm not sure where to look.