Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am trying to create a fillable form in Word for Mac 2011.

I have my form all completed and it functions properly, except when the user hits the ENTER key instead of the TAB key, it inserts a line into the form which changes the originally intended layout.

It is my understanding that a Macro to can "tell" the ENTER key to act as a TAB key. I found the four-part formula for this Macro, but have absolutely no clue how to create it for this form.

share|improve this question

By far this is best site which gives step by step instructions for setting up a macro from step one.

I assume you are using the EnterKeyMacro from the MSDN website. In this case, you just need to copy all four blocks of code into the editor and save it. If you save it in the current document only then the macro will only run for this document, however if you choose to save it in the template ( then the macro will be included for any documents you create from that template.

share|improve this answer
Thank you so much for your assistance!!!! You are very kind. – Karen Jul 12 '12 at 17:04
Thanks Karen. If this lead you to the solution please accept this answer to let others know. – Adam Jul 12 '12 at 23:27

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.