I've got a HP Pavilion dv3 notebook and it won't boot.
When I hit the Power button, the screen stays black for about 10 seconds (when I'm supposed to see the HP screen) and it flashes. The screen becomes white for half-second, then it becomes black again for a few seconds and becomes white for half-second, etc.
The Caps Lock and Num Lock LEDs flashe once, then after 3-4 seconds, flashes once again and so on.
- I am unable to go in the BIOS, unable to go in Windows, unable to boot on a live-CD.
- The fan starts to spin, then stops after 5 seconds.
- I tried to boot without hard drive, without RAM and without DVD drive, wihout success.
- I tried with and without battery, without success.
- I succeeded to boot the computer with BIOS acces or Windows (5-6 times out of hundred tries), but now, I am neither able to boot again, nor to go in the BIOS.
What can I do to boot the computer?
Edit: I found a video on Youtube of someone who had the same problem. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SziIr34Md0g The problem would be the video card. The guy repaired it by reflowing it. Do you think it is true? Do you know a similar case where such a technique worked?