I have set up Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP1) on a local machine specifically for a certain application to run.
The application itself is designed to use an IP address which is hard coded in to the application itself. Here locally, the application runs wonderfully.
The same application on a remote computer, with the IP address edited to my public IP, cannot connect to SQL Server.
- Server Instance is running
- Server Browser is running
- TCP/IP is enabled
- Remote connection is enabled
- Firewall on server machine disabled (temporarily)
- Ports open to server machine (even went as far as DMZ for testing purposes)
- No ports are blocked by my ISP.