Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a hotkey (or possibility to set one) for tabbing through those ribbon tabs (Home, Insert, etc) in Word 2010?

By "tabbing through" I mean similar to the behavior of cycling through open tabs in Chrome or Safari with Ctrl-tab.

enter image description here

share|improve this question
Not a 'hotkey', but you can (also) use you mouse-wheel to change tabs while the pointer is hovering over the ribbon. – Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007 Jul 16 '12 at 21:01

Push the Alt key and the shortcuts will show up. To cycle through, use the left and right arrow keys.

share|improve this answer
To cycle through groups on the same tab (e.g. Font, Paragraph, Styles), use Alt and then Ctrl+Arrow. – user3463 Jul 16 '12 at 20:05

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.