Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

Is there any software out there which can use the cable broadband, which is going into my computer and make it go out wireless with my wifi, so I can use laptops throughout the house?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Tog, Indrek, akira, Dave, Mokubai Apr 30 '14 at 11:02

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 0 down vote accepted

2hotspot seems to do what you ask:

From 2hotspot :

A powerful software that enables the instant creation wireless hotspots using your wireless router or WIFI card. With this free software you can, run your own free or commercial wireless hotspot network; Create local wireless communities where bulletin board, chat, and forums available locally with or without Internet service; Share your broadband service, split your ISP bill, control shared bandwidth; Used by individuals & corporations.

share|improve this answer

If you have Windows then Internet Connection Sharing will do this. (Older XP Article on ICS.)

share|improve this answer

Windows has Internet Connection Sharing built in, and Mac OS X has a similar facility. Just google it, no additional software required.

share|improve this answer

As others have said, you can just add a USB Wifi stick to your PC and share your internet connection. The laptops will be able to pick up the Wifi from the PC and route through that.

Add the stick, then right click on your wired network connection to share it.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .