All machines on the network are able to access the internet but one. It is running Windows XP SP 3 and is wired into the router.
Here is the ipconfig information:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: carolina.rr.com Description: VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical address: 00-e0-4c-e0-90-cb Dhcp enabled: Yes Autoconfiguration enabled: Yes IP Address: 192.168.0.3 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 Default gateway: 192.168.0.1 DHCP Server: 192.168.0.1 DNS Servers: 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206
I have tried the following:
- Rebooting router and modem, bringing up router first
- Using a static IP address for the failing machine
- Uninstalling the network adapter driver
- Disabling firewall (using Comodo)
- From TCP/IP Properties, obtaining DNS server address automatically as well as using the pair listed above (OpenDNS).
- Resetting winsock using
netsh winsock reset catalogand
netsh int ip reset reset.log
- I have also tried re-installing Win XP (this fixes the problem) and installing SP3 (this also fixes the problem). But I am hoping there is an easier way.
- At the suggestion of techie007, booted in safe mode with networking.
I time out when I ping 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.
I can ping the router or other machines on the LAN.
=== Edit: Additional information that was requested ===
ipconfig of a working machine:
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : carolina.rr.com Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::25de:2d01:a0cd:f9b5%11 IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
route print on the machine that is not working
Interface List 0x1 .. MS TCP Loopback Interface. 0x2 00 e0 4c e0 90 cb .. Active Routes: Network Dest / Netmask / Gateway / Interface / Metric 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / 192.168.0.1 / 192.168.0.3 / 20 127.0.0.0 / 255.0.0.0 / 127.0.0.1 / 127.0.0.1 / 1 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.255.0 / 192.168.0.3 / 192.168.0.3 / 20 192.168.0.3 / 255.255.255.255 / 127.0.0.1 / 127.0.0.1 / 20 192.168.0.255 / 255.255.255.255 / 192.168.0.3 / 192.168.0.3 / 20 22.214.171.124 / 240.0.0.0 / 192.168..3 / 192.168.0.3 / 20 255.255.255.255 / 255.255.255.255 / 192.168.0.3 / 192.168.0.3 / 1 Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Persistent Routes: None.
Sorry, those were hand-copied.