For a while I've been using remote assistance to help sort out my parents Vista system remotely from my Windows 7 system. Historically its been reliable but the last couple of times I've used it I've been kicked off after around 5-10 minutes of access. (last time I put it down to isp problems but it happened today as well)
So far it happens from both work and home on two different windows 7 machines as I talk to their PC.
Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to fix or diagnose what the problem is? I suspect it might be an anti-virus/firewall thing (I can't remember which one they're using at the moment but I'll see if I can find out) or even possibly a virus at their end of things.
Looking in the event log at my end I'm just getting a somewhat unhelpful Event 18 "The Remote Assistance session was disconnected remotely." which isn't great but suggests the network connection has been blocked.
In particular I'm looking for suggestions I can try when I'm next physically there, obviously I can try via their network and probably use wifi tethering with my phone so I'm on the wrong side of the firewall.
Note suggestions to use an alternative aren't useful here, thats my plan B if I can't make this work.