I have recurring BSODs that really have me scratching my head. Here's a look at the errors:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A (ntoskrnl.exe) - I've seen this 9 times since April 2012
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM 0x24 (Ntfs.sys) - this one's new, happend 4 days ago
BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x19 (win32k.sys) - also new, happened 7 days ago
My system specs:
- Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
- ASUS Sabertooth P67 Motherboard (Rev 2) * RMA'd my Rev 1 due to recall
- 16GB (4 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
- 2 x 640GB Western Digital Caviar Black 64MB SATA HDD
- EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTS450 1GB PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card
I've got Windows 7 Home Premium and it's completely patched. I'm also running Microsoft Security Essentials, which is up-to-date and always present.
I've run MemTest86+ from a USB drive for up to nine hours, giving my RAM a total of 6 passes, and it didn't detect a single error. I've used
chkdsk in Windows 7 to scan the
C:/ drive on boot (twice) and it found no problems.
How can I find out what's causing all these blue screens?