This is not like the other similar questions:
- I shut down the computer
- Windows said that there is 1 out of 1 update that needs to be installed.
- The computer runs for hours and that 1 out of 1 updates is never installed.
- I turn off the computer.
- I restart. A message shows that Windows is not started correctly.
- I restart Windows normally.
- I check the update history.
There are several failed update. I just want to "move on". The last failed update is:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2492386)
Installation date: 7/24/2012 1:02 PM
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 8024200D
Update type: Recommended
Install this update to resolve a set of known application compatibility issues with Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2492386
Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.com
I do not need that update, nor do I know for sure whether that update is indeed the 1 issue. There are other failed updates too that I don't care about. From the timing it seems to be the issue because things start being problematic today and the update is yesterday.
The update is optional.
My questions are:
- What should I do?
- How can I just move on? Okay Windows, you can't install that update last time. So don't try to install it again.
- How can I know exactly which update is causing the issue?