For me, this issue was happening with an ATI Radeon card and later exactly the same with a Nvidia GTX card.
I have found a work-around in answers.microsoft.com and it was the only real solution for me.
Using Sysinternals ProcessMonitor I found that Windows was accessing
the following Registry path;
My system had three entries;
Under each is a tree called "00" two of the keys are PrimSurfSize.cx
Under "00" was another branch also called "00" two of the keys are;
The first two of the configs (ie DELF00... & QHD3...) the above keys
were 1440x900, so they were not involved.
The third (SIMULATED...) were set to 1024x768.
I changed these to 1600x900 and the problem was solved.
Further I changed resolution (via control panel) to 1920x1080, the
moving/resize issue returned, but the lower right corner was set to
1600x900, ie the SIMULATED... settings.
So for some reason one of the configs does not get set correctly.
I don't know why there are three configs, I have only ever used one
Hope this helps someone out there...