For a few days my computer is having massive issues.
Sometimes when I push the open button, the screen remains black without receiving any signal. I know that this is not a graphics card problem since when it starts, the keyboard LEDs light up too, that doesn't happen when my screen is black.
I have two hard drives (WD,SG) the one (SG) doesn't show up in BIOS and when it was showing up and I had my OS (Windows or mint) installed, my OS was freezing after 10 minutes. My second hard drive (WD 500GB) shows up in BIOS but when I try to format it via
gpartedit throws errors about input/output.
Sometimes it freezes at the MSI logo screen (I suppose its doing the POST and freezes when is checking the SG harddrive).
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ MOTHERBOARD: MSI MS-7250 MEMORY: 1GB KingSton
What I have tried
- Using only one stick of RAM in any possible slot
- Reseting BIOS via removing the battery for 10 min
- Unplug power cable and push power button for 30 sec
- Booting without any hard drive in (to see if I will have black screen, I had)
The previous didn't fixed any of the problems
- My PSU is dying (its one of the possibilities cause I get problems in many compoments of the computer)
- My MB is dying (same as above)
Is there any way to test MB and PSU without having another PSU or MB or PC?
My MB doesn't have speaker so I don't hear beeps at all. Now I am in via an Ubuntu live-cd and I dont see any freezing.
Ok, yesterday i got my pc back from the service shop ... The problem? like i predicted it was PSU AND motherboard problem.The PSU went wrong and it burned(or whatever else is called) some of the capacitors in the motherboard.Both needed replace.