Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have bought a Ultrabook and found that normal cables for LAN are not suitable for it.

There is a slot which seems to be for cables, but the height is too low.

What is the slot? What kind of cable should I buy?

enter image description here

share|improve this question
Can you edit your question to provide the specific model and brand of this ultrabook? – iglvzx Jul 29 '12 at 1:40
hm, you need to use your macro mode better. I see a small pixelated orc. – Journeyman Geek Jul 29 '12 at 4:01
up vote 2 down vote accepted

It is still the same, a normal RJ-45 plug:

enter image description here

As ultrabooks are much thin that a normal notebook, the female connector looks like smaller, a normal female RJ45 plug just wouldn`t fit on the ultrabook depth, so a mobile part was added with a spring that hold the male connector into the female. If you pull down the mobile part you will notive that is still the same.

share|improve this answer
In other words, There should be a hinge there to allow a standard rj45 plug... Can you drop the lower portion of the jack to enlarge the opening? – BrianAdkins Jul 29 '12 at 2:41
How to convert a "fat" one to a "thin" one? – user69835 Jul 30 '12 at 5:20
Your connector opens up to fit the larger connector, like a snake unhinging its jaws to eat a goat. – Journeyman Geek Jul 30 '12 at 11:58

You must log in to answer this question.