Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

With all the mathematics required in games or apps, why is there no such application like TriangleRuler for Mac OS X? Or Windows? Or cross-platform?

[edit] I myself am looking for a tool for Mac OS X or a cross-platform tool.

It would be a really handy tool to just be able to figure out an angle on screen, without having to write your own debug-graphics-class or functions or whatever.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Canadian Luke, Renan, Diogo, Joe Taylor, Randolph West Jul 31 '12 at 16:34

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

There is vertical ruler. But so far i could not find any triangular ruler..... – ichathan Jul 30 '12 at 16:32
Why was this question closed?. It is pretty useful. – ichathan Aug 1 '12 at 12:17

For Windows : Try MB-Ruler - the triangular screen ruler. You can measure angles as well as angular distance using it. A perfect tool.

For Mac :Try Onde rulers.

It is also good, but paid one. You can try it for 15 days.There are lot of rulers like vertical ruler, protractor etc. Here is their website,

share|improve this answer
@slhck Thanks for editing. – ichathan Jul 31 '12 at 6:44
Nice! This is what i'm looking for. However, do you also know of a crossplatform or mac OSX application for this? In my hurry i did not specify that i myself was on the OSX platform... edited question accordingly. – Michael Trouw Jul 31 '12 at 13:27
For mac i know only Horizontal-vetical ruler. Coudnot find anything like this. I will try and get – ichathan Aug 1 '12 at 6:35
Got the right tool. Edited my answer. Please check it and let me know. – ichathan Aug 1 '12 at 12:15
Nice! i guess i do not have enough googleFu :) i also noticed the pixelstick app, trying that out aswell! will get back about it! – Michael Trouw Aug 1 '12 at 14:16

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.