I'm trying force installing a Radeon HD 2100 on Windows 8.
I've found that link from AMD with the drivers for Windows7: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista64.aspx
I know too that AMD will stop support Radeon HD 400 and older: http://www.techspot.com/news/48321-amd-drops-windows-8-support-for-radeon-hd-4000-and-older.html
Now, let's go to the problem. If I try install the 12.6 driver, Windows will stick with the "basic display adapter", and this is bad for 3d games like Minecraft, that runs really slow now compared with the previous Windows7 installation.
Forcing install the catalyst driver can help to fix it. So, I follow that steps:
- Extract the Catalist Driver (C:\AMD\Support\12-6-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql)
- Right click the "basic display adapter" on device manager, and "update driver"
- Search on PC
- I will choose the driver
- "With Disk"
- There is a big list of drivers and the nearest driver to HD 2100 is "Radeon HD 2350 Series"
- Why isn't "Radeon HD 2100 Series" listed? (or Where is it listed?)
- In theory it must be listed" The first link above show that "This article applies to the following configuration(s):" (...) "AMD Radeon HD 2000 Series"
- Am I doing something wrong?