My Wi-Fi does not work for a particular network, whose signal strength it shows as full.
What works is:
- My machine can connect to all the Wi-Fi networks except that particular one.
- All my friends' machines are able to connect to this network.
What I tried is:
- Restarting the router, but no effect
- Updating my wireless card firmware
- Booting into Ubuntu; same issue there as well
- Changing my wireless LAN setting to 'Aux' from 'Auto'
- Using the Windows 'Troubleshoot problems' utility
- Rebooting my machine a hundered times
What could the problem here be? I am posting this right now from a Wi-Fi network, which proves that my Wi-Fi works, just not on that network due to some particular reason.
What should I do to debug this?
Edit: the errors
The error I get is
Windows was unable to connect to ''.
But everything is intermittent. Sometimes it does connect. When it does, it says no internet access.
When it shows internet access, there is a request timeout on each browser request.
This is what ipconfig shows:
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :