I am a novice in networking and I'm trying to establish a home network which allows internet and file sharing.
What I have done
I have connected my broadband internet connection to my Wi-Fi router and I can access the internet on my PC, laptop, mobile devices, and TouchPad after settings some IP settings. Since I have set a wireless security password, whenever I connect a device to the network the first time I'm required to enter a password.
To connect all devices to my Wi-Fi router, I set the following settings:
- Gateway IP address to Wi-Fi router address, for example 22.214.171.124
- Device IP address between 126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52
- Subnet mask address 255.255.255.0
When I enter the gateway/Wi-Fi router address in a browser, it shows me DNS and some IP address information like below
- When I check the WAN status, as shown in above image, do these addresses belong to my ISP?
- If I enable file sharing, would it be visible on the internet?
- Can I use my mobile phone, TouchPad, or a Wi-Fi USB dongle to increase Wi-Fi router signal strength so I can connect other devices which are far from the Wi-Fi router?
- Can I share files between my laptop and my PC, even when I have my PC connected to the router via a LAN cable, and my laptop is connected via Wi-Fi?.
- My TV has a USB port but it is not Wi-Fi-capable by default. Can I connect it to my PC to play movies/songs through a Wi-Fi USB dongle?
* I think my TV cannot be connected since I can't install a Wi-Fi USB dongle driver on it.