Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

You know when you log on to a work or public computer, and they have a user terms agreement that you need to accept in order to use the system? How do I set this up on windows XP and windows 7?

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

In Windows 7, what you're looking for appears to be in the registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\

legal notice


This may be different in Windows XP, as I'm seeing on the references on the web to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon which don't appear on my Win 7 hive.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.