- PC1 is connected via VPN to server1 (s1)
- s1 is connected to pc1 via VPN tunnel and to s2 vie ssh. There is transparent proxy and iptables rules that take traffic from VPN and push to ssh SOCKS5.
- s2 is connected in local lan with some servers that hosts pages like:
- s3: app1.name_1.work.com app2.name_1.work.com
- s4: app1.name_2.work.com app2.name_2.work.com
What I want to is to after entering in web browser on PC1: app1.name_1.work.com get to this site. Now I can do it only by entering IP address.
Edit /etc/hosts on pc1 will solve the problem probably - but I can't do that. Edit /etc/hosts on s1 - didn't help, /etc/hosts on s2 contain all necessary entry but also not solving this problem. I'm looking for some simple solution, maybe some chain for iptables, or very simple DNS. Have you got any ideas?