Windows 8 via VirtualBox - Metro apps won't open when clicked
My monitor resolution is set to 1280 * 720. I cannot open any
Metro Windows-8 style UI apps, because I keep getting
Screen resolution is too low for this app to run
error message. What resolution should I set for Windows-8 style UI apps to run?
Your resolution is lower than 1024 * 768. Some items might not fit and apps might not open.
My system specifications:
- Operating System: Windows 8 Release Preview, 64-bit
- DirectX version: 11.0
- GPU processor: GeForce 210
- Driver version: 302.82
- DirectX support: 10.1
- Total available graphics memory: 2815 MB
- Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB DDR3
- System video memory: 0 MB
- Shared system memory: 1791 MB