Here is problem. for which I am looking for solution
My Current Installation on laptop and HDD Partition is as follows.
500 GB HDD -- C: 35 GB [Windows 8 Consumer Preview] -- D: 195 GB -- E: 195 GB -- / 37 GB Linux Root [Ubuntu 12.04LTS] -- swap 3 GB Linux Swap
I want to install Windows 8 Release Preview with current Ubuntu installation intact. Also I want to take this opportunity to (learn to) make my system secure. Here are following doubts/quires.
- How to encrypt windows and ubuntu [at-least /home] partition?
- If encryption can be done, can I access windows partition(s) from ubuntu.
- Is there any recomended way of partitioning HDD for windows and user account creation for security purpose.
- If somethings goes wrong in OS then how to recover data from these encrypted file partitions.
- Any other possible suggestion for securing system.
[ For this problem I am considering my laptop is being in Vulnerable environment and with highly confidentiality contained in it.]