Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

We know auto complete. When we enter a username the firefox will auto complete our username.

Say some of the entries are wrong and we want to change it. How would we do so?

share|improve this question

When the incorrect entry appears, highlight that entry and then press Shift + Delete and just that entry will be permanently removed.

Usually for this type of task you would use ProcessMonitor to trace hard disk drive activity in real time. Then filter PRocessMonitor by eg FireFox in this example and you can see which file (or registry key) FF is reading/writing to. Then edit the file.

share|improve this answer

I like Jeremy's way to delete an entry. But if you want to modify it, it's more complicated and needs an add-on for accessing the form history database file:

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.