Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In Chrome, if I want to duplicate the current page in a new tab, I highlight the address bar and click Alt+Enter. What's the equivalent keyboard shortcut for Firefox?

I'm currently on a Mac with Firefox 14.0.1. I will test on Windows and Ubuntu later to see if it works there.

share|improve this question
Opt-Return (i.e. Alt-Enter in Mac terminology) works like a charm on OS X Mountain Lion with Firefox 12. – Daniel Beck Aug 20 '12 at 16:21
up vote 5 down vote accepted

Using Alt+Enter on my Firefox install (v14.01) works exactly the same as it does in Chrome. Perhaps you need to upgrade to the latest version.

share|improve this answer

The same shortcut works on the Firefox 13 and according to my information it will work on older versions as well. Just highlight the address bar and then press Alt+Enter and you will get the dupe tab of the current one.

Also there is an extension available for this for Firefox which can open the duplicate tab.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .