Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Once a upon a time I had an app that would allow you do divide up your monitor into small sections so when you hit the maximize button the window would only take up one section.

Any idea of how or what that app was called?

share|improve this question

Was it PowerResizer?

Otherwise, I found a list of similar programs at Check out the Window Sizing/Arranging Programs section

share|improve this answer

The best (and working) for me was Acer GridVista

This application makes more effective use of large monitors by dividing them into sections where you can place your windows

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .