How to make a Windows User Acount that can not change anything?
I need to share my PC with friends and I want to create a new user account for them with specific requirements that go as follows:
- They should only be able access specific programs(Browser and its plugins, antivirus, task manager etc.). Start menu should not show any other programs
- They should have write access only to their profile(Desktop etc)
- The profile should reset upon logoff(similar to windows 7 guest mode)
- They should only be able to shut down/log off(no hibernate/stand by etc)
- Read access to specific folders ONLY(no read access to any partition as a whole)
- They should be able add torrents from magnet links to uTorrent(this seems quite opposite to no-write-access elsewhere policy but still if there is any workaround)
- Internet access over LAN
What I have tried(or considered):
- Combination of Windows 7 guest mode(not guest account) and parental controls - but guest mode has been removed from final version of windows 7
- Regarding uTorrent, I have configured it to load torrents automatically from a folder - what about magnet links?
- Windows SteadyState works fine but it is for XP only. Furthermore, I am worried that setting up drive protection in windows steadystate will conflict with windows 7 drive access on my dual boot(XP and 7) machine.
I would like to avoid using third-party tools as far as posible.
Kindly suggest a possible solution to create such a locked down user account.
P.S. I have my own administrator account.