Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to know what is the correct name for the connector below as I have bought face plates but they didn't have these connectors with them so I want to purchase them.

I can't find out where to get them as I don't know what they are called or what to search for.

Cat5 connector

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

There isn't a standard name really

  • RJ45 Module
  • Snap-in CAT5E RJ45 Module
  • Keystone Jack
  • RJ45 Keystone module
share|improve this answer
Thanks. How do I snap this module into the face plate? – PriestVallon Aug 23 '12 at 15:18
Push it in from the rear. – RedGrittyBrick Aug 23 '12 at 15:20
And is it possible to snap it back out again after? – PriestVallon Aug 23 '12 at 15:22
Removal depends on specific make and model of faceplate, but generally yes. There's a latch you can lever upwards. – RedGrittyBrick Aug 23 '12 at 15:24

That part is called a rj45 wall jack

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .