I'm not sure if we're allowed to ask questions as specific as this, but I hope so. If not, please tell me in the comments and I'll delete it.
I'm planning to upgrade my Radeon 6670 to a Radeon 6870, and I am currently running on a 500W PSU. My current configuration is:
- 3,6GHz x 4 FX-4100
- 4GB x 2 DDR3
- 500GB HDD
- One fan in the front (About the size of an index finger in diameter) and a few small blue LEDs
- Radeon 6670 as previously mentioned
- A WiFi card plugged into one of the PCI(-E) slots.
- An extra USB bay with more audio jacks
- A multi card reader (SD and the like)
- Some DVD drive, not sure what specific type it is
My question is, of course, can my current configuration handle this upgrade (An estimate is fine, since I don't think my description of the parts is specific enough to warrant a specific answer, but if you could tell me how much margin I'd have (Ie "You'd probably have 50W - 100W to spare") I'd really appreciate it!
I ran it through a calculator and it said I'd be using something like 380W, but a human reply would be much appreciated
Also, I'm not sure if we're allowed to ask multiple questions on one, but I don't think this warrants another question and I think it'd be a quick yes/no answers: One being, would I notice a big difference between my current card and the 6870? I'd be using it for Source games and Minecraft, and also some 3D rendering.