So I was "hacking" my internal laptop monitor (basically I was trying to understand the pinout and try to use it externally). During that I used continuity checker to trace circuitry. It is my old laptop so it was meant for experiments.
Now I did something and I don't know what I did. Neither internal nor external monitor is working. I am afraid that by using continuity tool I have damaged some sensitive components.
Is there a way to check approximately where the issue is - gpu, cpu or systemboard?
I know the following points may mean nothing, but maybe they will be usefull:
- GPU and CPU heat up
- Motherboard supplies power to VGA and internal monitor sockets (including inverter)
- I am testing without all unnecessary peripherals (just ram, motherboard(&its intergreted components), cpu, gpu). It should show blinking bar. Not monitor is not even started(stays on sleep mode)
- Monitors have been checked
- I have oscilloscope, external power supply - if checking testpins is the case, I could do it.
- I cannot replace cpu or gpu - buying spare parts and checking wouldn't be the best idea.
Please ask any additional information you require. I will try to answer.