I have firefox 3.6.x in Mint Linux.
For physical problems -- eyes and color, I want to keep this version and not do any updates ever to it.
I don't know if it is a firefox or linux issue, but nothing seems to work. It should not be rocket scientist enabled. :P
This is what I have tried:
- Update Manager and added to ignore package --firef0x*
- Fully removed all traces of firefox and reinstalled 3.6.28
- In firefox, set the upgrade options (3) of them to unselected and saved.
- Scanned computer for firef* to insure all traces were removed, to include /usr/bin/firefox.
- Using Mint Linux 9, otherwise fully upgraded for packages.
That's the main things I've done. My major issues is the later versions of that software are almost impossible for me to see.