I have some code that is reading a config file, but when I open the file in TextPad, I see different values than my application does. I checked it with Notepad. Notepad agrees with my application, TextPad shows something else.
This is on Vista x64 Business.
Any idea what could be causing this? I've looked in the
Context Menu->Properties->Previous Versions details, but it says "There are no previous versions available".
I've been asked for an example, here's the steps to replicate (I can't make it happen reliably):
- Installed .NET app in Program files.
- That app reads the config file, but is falling over.
- I manually edit that config file in Textpad.
- The change doesn't take effect.
- I open the config file in Notepad, and see something different.
- Try making the change in Notepad and saving, and get this error message:
Cannot create the C:\Program Files (x86)\Daniel Schaffer\WorkingOn for FogBugz\FogBugz > WorkingOn.exe.config file.
Make sure that the path and file name are correct.
I can't put the content here as it's XML and is being encoded by Superuser.com, but here's a link to a screencast: http://screencast.com/t/zhERl7mocp4.