Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have an early 2001 Macbook Pro, and like the early 2008 version I had before that I got used to using Option+Arrow Keys to switch between spaces (when I wanted to quickly move to an adjoining space, otherwise I used the Command+Number Key shortcut to switch directly to a space).

I recently got an Apple Keyboard to use at work which has a Control key between the Option key and the Arrow Keys, and the spacing is messing me up. Is it possible to also assign Control+Arrow Keys as a shortcut for this behavior in addition to Option+Arrow Keys (since I still use the Macbook Pro at home without the keyboard)?

share|improve this question

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.