I'm trying to install the Windows 8 preview on my Samsung Series 9 (2012, Ivy Bridge).
I've done a bit of a custom scheme with this one:
- I'm using EFI/UEFI on this system.
- I've seen no indication that this system supports secure boot (yay!)
- My SSD is set up with GPT
- Ubuntu is already installed and working great via UEFI.
- I'm trying to boot the Windows 8 install from a USB stick via UEFI
- I don't have access to a CD drive.
The problem is that the boot seems to hang at the very first splash screen that looks like this. White windows font, the little beads don't show up.
My USB stick has an activity light and it does blink for the first few seconds, but then goes back to it's "nobody is talking to me" idle pulse.
What I know:
- UEFI booting is definitely working.
- Windows 8 for those few seconds seems to have some kind of access to the USB drive.
- My Series 9 is running the latest BIOS/firmware.
Any idea what I might be able to do to get Windows 8 installed??