In Firefox on Mac OS X, when I click the "Remember Password" button on some sites, nothing happens — the popup does not disappear, and the password is not remembered.
So far I've tried:
- I tried restarting Firefox in Safe Mode; no change.
- This bug report suggests enabling
about:config— I'm getting this error message:
Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING: 'login values can't contain nulls' when calling method: [nsILoginManagerStorage::addLogin] Source File: resource:///components/nsLoginManager.js Line: 394
- This similar Super User question suggests reinstalling
Firefox.app. I did; no change.
- The Password Manager Troubleshooting Guide suggests deleting my profile's
key3.db, but after restarting Firefox, it still doesn't remember passwords.
- Updating Firefox — Firefox 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 all exhibit the problem.
What else should I try?