Lately I've been having trouble browsing the internet on my computer, where it seems to take a really long time to connect to websites, or it just seems that the internet is just not responding at all. I opened up the Win 7 Resource monitor and notice that there was a lot of network activity to locations I didn't recognize, and what look like personal ISP accounts. For example here are a few of the hosts I was connected too.
187-6-116-186.bsaco701.dsl.brasiltelecom.net.br static-71-168-65-6.cncdnh.fast04.myfairpoint.net juv34-4-82-238-88-63.fbx.proxad.net d173-180-118-189.bchsia.telus.net
I narrowed down those connections as being associated with svchost.exe (netsvcs), and specifically the "IP Helper" (iphlpsvc) service. I found if I stop this services the connections go away, but if I start it again they come back. I also notice that when I start this service svchost.exe (netsvcs) opens a listening UDP port.
I use AVG Virus scanner, but it didn't find anything. I also tried creating a Hijackthis log and using various analyzers but nothing came up.