There have been other threads on this but none of the solutions mentioned have helped me.
Spotlight has stopped showing any results for my Applications.
- I've tried reindexing and removing the index so it rebuilds it. No change.
- I've tried adding Applications to the Privacy tab and removing it, no change.
- I tried repairing disk permissions and redoing the above, no change.
- I've tried removing everything from the index except Applications and then I just get nothing for any search at all (except dictionary entries).
- I tried adding a symlink in my homedir to Applications and reindexing, but no change.
Any ideas on what to do? I'm running Snow Leopard. This is driving me crazy!
Update: I've noticed that when I start a reindex with
sudo mdutil -E / and then immediately do a spotlight search for an app that the app shows up temporarily until spotlight gets disabled due to active indexing. After the indexing is done the app entries go away.