Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In text editors i like to use hotkeys: ctrl+arrow, ctrl+shift+arrow, ctrl+shift+(end|home).

Is any way to do this in console?

Im using /bin/bash, I know it was many other shells, but I know about they nothing.

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

By default, your bash could support Alt+F for Forward and Alt+B for Backward. Selection can be started by pressing Ctrl+Space (or, at least, that's the default in some of the distributions).

share|improve this answer
It is possible to change keys for ctrl+* ? – user1081056 Sep 3 '12 at 10:13
It might be, see help bind. – choroba Sep 3 '12 at 10:20
Thanks, that was i need. – user1081056 Sep 3 '12 at 10:37

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.