Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to find extension for mentioned wires but don't know how to google them, since I don't know their name.

Here is a picture:


share|improve this question

migrated from Sep 4 '12 at 12:54

This question came from our site for system and network administrators.

I've never heard any special names for them. They were just wires with connectors that had some printing on them to label what they went to from the motherboard manufacturer. Perhaps it would be best to vote to migrate this to SuperUser and see if someone there would know. – Bart Silverstrim Sep 4 '12 at 12:21
Although you might have luck if you were to google for something like "front panel wires pc case extenders" – Bart Silverstrim Sep 4 '12 at 12:27
up vote 2 down vote accepted

I've always called them front panel header connectors. Some call it the header block on the board.

They sell extensions here.

share|improve this answer

They're called wires. Really, they're just copper wires.

Having said that, you may have more luck if you search on system panel cables/wires or motherboard cables/wires.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .