You need to use an
Extended Desktop instead of a
Mirrored Desktop. Hopefully your driver and your graphics chip on your laptop will support it.
Go To Windows 7 Display Control Panel:
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start.
Appearance and Personalization.
- From the monitor drop-down menu, select the second display.
- Mark the
Extend the desktop onto this monitor checkbox.
- Click Apply or OK.
- Attaching a screenshot, In your case the Second Monitor will be your HDMI TV
If your computer screen does not appear on your LCD, Plasma or Projector then you may need to:
- Lower the resolution setting in the display settings
- If you’re using a laptop press and hold the FN key on the bottom left of your keyboard and the Fkey on your keyboard that has an image of a screen on it. Usually F4, F5 or F8.
- Restart your computer
- On the LCD, Plasma TV or projector that you are using ensure that you have selected the correct source, using either the remote or the buttons on the set. Please refer to the user manual to ensure you are pressing the right button for this.
You can go to this website for additional help.