I already do backups from my main computer to my server computer using synctoy.
But now I also want to do off-site backup.
My idea so far:
- have source hard drive (we'll call S) at home
- have backup hard drive at work called B
- have transport hard drive called T
- connect T at work and record index of files on B
- take T home and check index of S and note new/changed/deleted files and copy changed files to T
- take T to work and update S
Its basically a sneakernet and using all of the advantages of it. High bandwidth, low latency.
Is there some software to do this, or do I have to write it myself?