Some Chrome extensions I know of:
Scrapbook merges all the fragmented features in various scrapbook
implementations into one.
Some extensions don't annotate but save offline, some save but need
you to register on another social network. Some save images(which I
actually prefer). But cant be indexed and searched. My Scrapbook is an
attempt to do all that. In short it aspires to be like my favourite
Firefox counter part.
Save web pages for offline use.
This extension allows to save web pages for later use without internet
connection. It tries to save complete markup and graphics, so saved
page looks the same as online one. The stored pages can be organized
using tags. Text descriptions can be added to saved pages.
Pocket Extension for Google Chrome – The best way to save articles,
videos and more
When you find something on the web that you want to view later, put it
in Pocket. It automatically syncs to your phone, tablet or computer so
you can view it at any time, even without an internet connection.
* One-click saving of any page with the toolbar button or keyboard shortcut
* Integrated buttons on Twitter.com and Google Reader for one-click saving
* Right-click menu item to save any link, no need to load the page first
* Quickly add tags
* Syncs across all devices – iPhone, iPad, Android and more
* Completely free
Save pages to read later -- online or offline, and fast! Avoid too
many tabs and make your browsing a blast!
We are committed to being transparent with and respectful of our
users, and would really appreciate if users who are concerned about
adware or malware to take the above into consideration.
【More about this extension】
- Have too many tabs open?
- Do not want to clutter your bookmark folders with temporary links?
- Want to be able to read offline or make sure you have an archived version?
- Want to read webpages fast, like a slideshow, and as clean-text?
If you have these pains or needs, then this app is for you! This
app can be used alone as a local app, or synced to cloud with
【How to use】
- Use "Read Later" in the right-click menu to save page or link to the RLF app
- Find RLF in the new tab of the browser, open it and read! (for Rockmelt users, click on "Chrome Apps" on the new tab page)
Similar extensions, but for Firefox.