Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I usually use mouses with wires, but a friend has a wireless mouse, happens to be a Microsoft mobile mouse 2000 but no doubt many are like this.

I'm not sure what it connects to though.

I am not looking at it at the moment.

I imagine it connects to some base, and then the base connects via USB, though the only base I saw was made by Belkin and was a 4 port hub, with a red light so it may have communicated with the mouse but I doubt it.

There's the mouse and there's the computer, there's a usb base. I can't see exactly what the mouse is transmitting to.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Dave M, 8088, bwDraco, TFM, Randolph West Sep 11 '12 at 6:49

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Perhaps a check at Microsoft's hardware site would help. – Dave M Sep 11 '12 at 0:03
@DragonLord I think it's not too localized now, but was is it now that it's not too localized? – barlop Jan 5 '14 at 21:37
up vote 1 down vote accepted

There's a dongle stored in a slot on the bottom of the mouse. Plug the dongle into a USB port.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.