I have a brand new DELL Inspiron which used to connect to my WiFI. I had the laptop off for about 2 months and when I turned it on it will not connect to my Wireless with WPA2+AES encryption. All of my other devices (iPad, Laptops, XBOX, Roku, etc) are able to connect without a problem. I also tried connecting to other opened WiFIs in my area and was unable to do so. I even tried connecting 2 feet away from the router without luck where the signal is excellent (so is everywhere else around the house).
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Adapter is Dell Wireless 1702 802.11b/g/n
- Driver: Atheros Communications Inc, 4/21/2011, Version: 188.8.131.522
- Deleting the driver from Device Manager and restarting
- Installing drivers from Dell, but it appears I have the latest version
- Tried to connect to an unsecured Virtual Interface (DD-WRT)
- Changed the Bandwidth on the adapter to 20MHz/40MHz Auto (my router is 40MHz channel width)
What could be causing the problem? What else can I try? What else can I provide to help troubleshoot this?