Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a hopefully easy question to answer. How do you type the vertical bar character on an asus zenbook prime? It's situated in the bottom right corner of the 7 key, but I don't know how to access it. The manual for the notebook and the asus tutor program had nothing on the keyboard. Please help.

share|improve this question
might help to post a picture of your keyboard - as far as I know the british and american layout put the pipe in different places – Journeyman Geek Sep 12 '12 at 0:46
The answer is probably 'use the Fn key' Especially if the bar has the same colour as the Fn key (usually blue). But I have not found a picture of your keyboard to confirm that. ( has a nice picture of the keyboard of a Asus zenbook prime UX21A but that one has no such key. Could you update the post with the specific model?) – Hennes Sep 12 '12 at 0:50
@Hennes I thought it would be the Fn key as well, but holding down that and pressing the 7 key just prints a 7. I think the model is a UX31A – Alwaysdeadfred Sep 12 '12 at 0:55
up vote 2 down vote accepted

enter image description here

Its usually the \ key with a shift - on the picture of the keyboard Hennes linked its the one below the backspace. If its on the bottom right, the alt gr key [wikipedia article] along with the key in question would do the trick

share|improve this answer
XD. I gotta know, was it alt-gr or shift \ ? – Journeyman Geek Sep 12 '12 at 6:28
It was shift and \ – Alwaysdeadfred Sep 13 '12 at 1:31

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .