I want to copy over the theme colors from one Powerpoint presentation to another.
The universal method seems to be to use the Format painter across both presentations, like explained e.g. on this microsoft page:
- Open both presentations, and then, on the Window menu, click Arrange All.
- In both presentations, display the Slides tab in normal view.
- Select the slide that has the color scheme you want to use.
- Double-click Format Painter , click in the window of the second presentation, and then click each slide you want to apply the color scheme to. ...
- Press ESC when finished to cancel Format Painter.
NOTE When you copy a slide's color scheme to another presentation, the color scheme becomes available in the Slide Design-Color Schemes task pane in the destination presentation.
The problem is, when I follow these instructions also the other formatting (like footer image etc.) gets applied to the slide(s). I only want to theme colors to be copied over, not the other formatting.
How can I do this (in Powerpoint 2007)?