I have a problem with my Windows installation running very slow and my Windows folder being too large. I thought that the problems are related.
- My Windows folder is 17.4 GB
- I have 1807 folders totalling 2.4 GB that are prefaced with a
- My System32 folder is 1.55 GB
- My Microsoft.NET folder is 654 MB – I don't know what if any programs I have that are using it.
- My Service Pack folder is 568 MB.
- The Software Distribution folder is 536 MB
- The ie8updates folder is 380 MB.
How can I reduce the size of these folders and could their size be why I am running do slow?