I have an i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-Pro and two drives. An SSD 120Gb and a regular HDD 500Gb.
I'm interesting in using the SSD with the Intel's Smart Response technology.
As stated in the requirements:
- Intel® Z68/Z77/H77/Q77 Express Chipset-based desktop board
- Intel® Core™ Processor in the LGA 1155 package System BIOS with SATA mode set to RAID
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology software 10.5 version release or later
- Single hard disk drive or multiple drives in a single RAID volume
- Solid State Drive (SSD) with a minimum capacity of 18.6GB
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista* (32-bit and 64-bit editions), Microsoft Windows 7* (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
How can I create a single RAID volume with a single HDD?
The raid utility (Intel Rapid Storage Technology rom utility) only allow me to create raid 0 with ~250Gb and Raid 1 with ~110Gb (which seem normal). No option to create a Single Raid Volume with a Single HDD. Also, If I remove the SSD the raid utility is not accessible.